Ireland Service Centre - Lisburn
The Ireland Service Centre located at Lisburn provides a wide product and service offering. The centre is equipped with large coil slitting and decoiling lines, together with saws and a shotblast/primer. This combination of local processing capability and an extensive range of stock ensures a flexible and responsive service to our customers.
Our service centres have benefited from significant investment, resulting in best-in-class facilities across an array of processing technologies.
- Repeatable processing. As part of our supply chain, we benefit from the consistent product quality of our modern manufacturing sites at Scunthorpe and Teesside. This ensures a repeatable processing experience for our customers.
- Savings and choice. We can supply hot-rolled, cold-rolled and metallic-coated steel processed as sheets, slit coil or blanks to best match your requirements. Customers engaged in construction, general engineering and fabrication can readily source sections, plate, hollow sections and bar that can be sawn-to-length, shotblasted and primed as required from our own facilities to save you cost and time.
- Matching your requirements. Direct access to our own manufacturing facilities allows greater choice of both surface texture and surface finish. This means we can provide the best match for your processing and coating requirements. In addition, chrome-free passivation (HDG) is available for compliance with application-related market standards.
- Supply chain. We are experienced in the management of Kanban/JIT and other supply arrangements. We utilise complete IT systems that allow you to focus on your own processing activities with peace of mind regarding security of supply. Our 24-hour operations support flexible and regular delivery schedules on a nationwide basis.
- Multi-product delivery. As an integrated service centre, we are able to supply customers with multiple products as part of the same delivery. Our comprehensive offering as a one-stop shop saves our customers time and money.
- Full product traceability. Our supply chain ensures we are able to manage product traceability effectively from primary production through to despatch.
- Product development. As one of the world’s largest steel producers, British Steel is able to offer customers an increasing range of innovative products. As part of our aim to supply differentiated products, we are launching up to 50 new products each year. Examples include highly formable and high-strength steels and novel coatings. We have also developed additional processing services.