Summer’s well and truly here, although here in British Steel HQ you might not think it was from the weather! But we’re embracing August with optimism and offering our social media followers the fantastic opportunity of winning a £100 Love2Shop voucher and an all-access tour of our site in Scunthorpe to see our exciting steelworks!
Steel makes the world go round, literally. Our steel goes into many amazing things – we make the longest rails in Europe, the tyre cord in your car tyres, the tracks on bulldozers – even down to everyday items such as paper clips. But did you know our steel also goes into some of the world’s iconic buildings and bridges?
While you’re on your travels during the peak holiday season, why not take a selfie with some of the buildings we helped to make (see below) and enter our competition!
Post your selfie on either our Facebook page (BritishSteelUK) or Tweet us @BritishSteelUK, making sure you use the hashtag #DidYouKnow
The competition will close at 11.59pm on Thursday 31 August 2017 and the winner will be chosen by Construction Managing Director Richard Farnsworth w/c 4 September 2017.
Prize draw terms and conditions
1. Safety first – please do not put yourself at risk while taking your selfie!
2. Competition closes at 11.59pm on Thursday 31 August. Entries will not be accepted after this time.
3. The winner will be chosen w/c 4 September 2017 by our judge Richard Farnsworth, Managing Director of our Construction business, and announced on our Facebook and Twitter page by Friday 8 September. The judge’s decision is final.
4. The prize is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
5. Visitors on our tour must be aged 14 or over – those who are pregnant or have pacemakers will be unable to participate in the full tour.
6. Site tours are available Monday to Friday. Travel costs are not included in the prize.
7. We have the right to change the competition terms and conditions and to withdraw the prize at any time.
8. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of these terms and conditions.
9. Entry into this competition will be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Want to find out more about how our steel helps to construct buildings and bridges? Click here